02 03 Ann Mortimer's Painting Blog: Cosmos and Phlox workshop...the step by step demo and ref. photos. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cosmos and Phlox workshop...the step by step demo and ref. photos.

34
I'm uploading the reference photos for yesterday's studio workshop on Cosmos and Phlox for the members who attended and worked so hard at producing their paintings. So Carol, Molly, Barbara, Roger, Kathy and Greta, here you are! And as a bonus the step by step stages are here too so they can compare their efforts with mine.
I love trying to depict flowers growing in their natural situation in my garden and I am always taking photos as well as spending hours staring and observing how they grow. White flowers are a special favourite and I like to make them pop and spring out from the page. Hopefully that is what has been achieved here.
Click on any of the photos to enlarge.










35 36 37 38